The United Way Heartland Region will soon be accepting applications for 2018 funding.
The United Way is committed to funding programs that have a meaningful impact and address needs in our region with emphasis on health, education and financial stability. Communities in Beadle and Kingsbury Counties are served by the UWHR. Entities seeking funding must be a 501c3 organization in good standing with the IRS. The grant application is currently available and the deadline for submitting an application is May 18. The timeline is as follows:
• The electronic application and five hard copies along with supporting material must be received by 5 p.m. on May 18. Applications and detailed instructions are available on the United Way Heartland Region website at www.liveunitedhuron.com or by contacting the UWHR at 352-3537. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
• May 18-23 is the time period during which the UWHR board will review the grants and prepare for the organization’s interview/review at City Hall. Dates and times of interview/meeting will be determined upon receipt of the grant application.
• May 24, 30 and 31 are the dates set aside for review of applications and interviews with grant applicants. Interview panels are comprised of UWHR board of directors and each entity requesting funds will meet with a panel for a scheduled 30-minute appointment.
• June 2-30 is the time frame the UWHR board will meet and discuss the grant decisions and set the campaign goal for 2019.
• July 1 the board will announce the goal and the contracts for funding will be sent to each entity receiving funds.
For more information or to receive an application, visit the United Way website at www.liveunitedhuron.com or contact Rhonda Kludt at the United Way office 352-3537.