City approves Genesis Farms dispensary license
HURON — After delays in construction and a misstep in opening before the official licensing was done, the Huron City Commission approved a medical cannabis dispensary license for Genesis Farms LLC at 2369 Old Hwy. 14 W, in one side of the West Park Travel Center building.
The Genesis Farms dispensary is now the third dispensary licensed within the city.
Commissioners also approved a payment to North Star Logistics LLC, doing business as Sentry Crane, for work on the new solid waste facility to prepare for cement pour. The payment is $372,972.24.
The commission met as the board of adjustment to approve a variance filed by Jonathan Reyes to allow a church and related uses and services at 98 Dakota Ave. N. This was approved.
• Approved a proclamation for National Veteran Small Business Week, Oct. 30 - Nov. 3.
• Approved a special event on-sale alcoholic beverage license for Top Floor Events for the Chamber Mixer, Nov. 14, at Mattress by Appointment, 380 Dakota Ave. S.
• Approved internal posting for a Fire Captain.
• Approved moving Human Resource Manager Shanna Sterrett to full-time status as of Oct. 10.
• Approved moving 911 Telecommunicator Clare Mendel to full-time status as of Oct. 16.
• Approved changing Dwayne Bennett from Traffic Maintenance I to Traffic Maintenance II, effective Oct. 8.
The commission adjourned the public meeting to go into executive session regarding personnel.