City to close streets Tuesday
HURON — At times throughout the day on Tuesday, Sept. 19, certain streets in Huron will be closed to traffic in order to receive a fog sealing, the Huron City Commission announced during its Monday meeting.
Signs have been posted within the city on Lincoln and Dakota Avenues to prompt drivers about the upcoming closures. Assistant engineer Dennis Bennett reported to the commission that the closure will be for roughly an hour and a half after application on the noted streets, as long as weather conditions allow.
The streets affected at some point on Tuesday will be 18th St. SE from Dakota Ave. to Riverside Dr., Indiana Ave. from 18th St. to 19th St., Kansas Ave. SE from 13th St. to 18th St., 14th St. SE from Dakota Ave. to Iowa Ave., 10th St. SE from Dakota Ave. to Lawnridge Ave., 11th St. SE from Dakota Ave. to Lawnridge Ave., Utah Ave. SE from 9th St. to 12th St., Beach Ave. SE from 9th St. to 12th St., 7th St. SW from Wyoming Ave. to Illinois Ave., and Wisconsin Ave. SW from 22nd St. to 27th St.
A full listing of the streets affected is posted on the City of Huron website at www.huronsd.gov.
The commission also announced that sanitary sewer cleaning maintenance would continue through Friday, Sept. 22., in multiple neighborhoods in the Northeast part of town.
• Set October 2 as the public hearing date to consider the 2023-2024 retail on/off sale malt beverage and South Dakota farm wine license for El Capitan Jarocho.
• Approved the full-time status of Josh Nelson, Park Maintenance II.
• Approved the temporary change of Kieran Crain’s job classification from street maintenance I to street maintenance II.
• Approved a raffle for the Huron MS Society at the Red Arrow Bar on September 26.
• Authorized the Mayor to sign a certification for the South Dakota DOT pertaining to Executive Order 2023-13.
• Approved a plat submitted by Robin Olson for West Industrial Park Outlot 19A.
• Approved a plat submitted by the City of Huron for Lot A of Broadland Creek Industrial Park.
• Approved application for the Housing Infrastructure Funding Program assistance for North Circle Drive in the Lake Heights Addition.
The commission ended the public meeting and concluded the meeting with an executive session regarding contractual matters.