Horizon Health receives Silver ACE Award
HOWARD — Horizon Health Care was awarded Silver status in the Advocacy Center of Excellence (ACE) program from the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC). Horizon is the only community health center in South Dakota to achieve this designation.
According to the NACHC, the ACE program awards and recognizes community health centers that demonstrate excellence in making their advocacy program an integral part of health center operations. An ACE health center serves as an example to other organizations striving to achieve the same level of advocacy.
The ACE program uses four areas to measure advocacy:
• Policy impact: Having substantial influence in policy changes that improve access to care for their patients.
• Public awareness: The extent to which health centers have raised awareness of the importance of community health centers and the challenges they face.
• Workforce development: The extent to which health centers have trained and supported staff to engage in advocacy.
• Organizational capacity: The extent to which health centers have the infrastructure and resources to support advocacy efforts.
Horizon was also commended for its efforts to strengthen the national Health Center Advocacy Network by increasing the effectiveness of advocacy efforts on a large scale.
“I’m pleased to have our health center recognized as an advocate for our mission,” said Horizon CEO Wade Erickson, “We advocate for our patients and communities daily as well as sharing our concerns with local, state, and national leaders. This is wonderful acknowledgement of the work we do every day.”
How you can help:
• Become a health center advocate today!
• Share your positive experiences with Horizon on social media.
• Contact your local and state lawmakers to let them know how important the health center mission is to your community and family.
• Donate to the Horizon Health Foundation to help support its work to break down barriers to care for your friends and neighbors.
For over 40 years, Horizon Health Care has been providing medical, dental and behavioral healthcare through a rural, community-based network in South Dakota. Horizon is located in Aberdeen, Alcester, Bison, Bryant, De Smet, Eagle Butte, Elk Point, Faith, Fort Thompson, Howard, Huron, Isabel, La Plant, Lake Preston, Martin, McIntosh, Mission, Plankinton, Wessington Springs, White River, Woonsocket, and Yankton. For more information, please visit www.horizonhealthcare.org.