HRMC Foundation Helping Hands Fund scholarships
Huron Regional Medical Center (HRMC) Foundation announces the recipients of 16 Helping Hands family and employee scholarships totaling $8,000, according to Levi Kary, executive director.
“Helping Hands scholarships encourage HRMC employees and their children in their educational pursuits,” said Kary. “HRMC Employees support each other by contributing to this scholarship fund, which is a great tradition at HRMC.”
HRMC Foundation Helping Hands Scholarship Recipients:
• Xiomara Morales, works at HRMC Pro Rehab as a Physical Therapy Assistant and is pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Sports and Sciences at American Public University.
• Alexandria Quam, who is currently an LPN at the HRMC Physicians Clinic and is pursuing a Registered Nurse degree from Mitchell Technical College.
• Erica Zell, daughter of Windy Zell, Foundation/Marketing Assistant at HRMC, will graduate from the College of Nursing at South Dakota State University with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree in December.
• Kristen Janes, daughter of Karen Janes, RN at Home Care at HRMC and Sam Janes a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists at HRMC, will be attending South Dakota State University pursuing a nursing degree.
L to R: Lindsey Leyendecker, Sarah Fuerst, Maggie Knippling, Martin Boetel
• Lindsey Leyendecker, daughter of Cheri Leyendecker, RN at the HRMC Physicians Clinic, is attending South Dakota State University pursuing a nursing degree.
• Sarah Fuerst, daughter of Susan Fuerst, Physical Therapist at HRMC, will be attending South Dakota State University pursuing a degree in Music Education.
• Maggie Knippling, daughter of Pam Poulisse, Clinical Scheduler at HRMC, is attending Northern State University pursuing a degree in Music Education.
• Martin Boetel, son of Kristina Boetel, Certified Nurse Practitioner at the HRMC Physicians Clinic, and is pursuing a degree in Agronomy and Precision Agriculture from South Dakota State University.
L to R: Ty Zell, Kaitlyn Kahre, Jada Burke, Eric Klanchnik
• Ty Zell, son of Windy Zell, Foundation/Marketing Assistant at HRMC, will be pursuing an Ag Production Degree at Lake Area Technical College.
• Kaitlyn Kahre, daughter of Saren Kahre, Physical Therapy Assistant at HRMC Pro Rehab, will be pursuing an Elementary Education degree at Black Hills State University.
• Jada Burke, the daughter of Kelly Burke, Physical Therapy Assistant at HRMC Pro Rehab, will be pursuing an Elementary Education degree at Dakota State University.
• Eric Klanchnik, son of Morgan Sabalier, LPN at the HRMC Physicians Clinic, is enrolled in the Electrical Construction and Maintenance program at Mitchell Technical Institute.
L to R: Steven DeGeest, Kayla Purintun, Cole Ochsner, Reilyn Zavesky
• Steven DeGeest, son of Sue DeGeest, is studying Agriculture Business at Lake Area Technical College.
• Kayla Purintun, daughter of Stephanie Metzger, Director of Emergency Services, is pursuing a degree in Medical Laboratory Technology at Mitchell Technical College.
• Cole Ochsner, son of Joan Ochsner, Clinical Scheduler at HRMC, will be pursuing a Powerline Construction degree at Minnesota West Community and Technical College.
• Reilyn Zavesky, son of Liz Zavesky, Scheduler at HRMC, will be pursuing a degree to be a Radiology Technician.
A total of $66,500 in scholarships were awarded through the Foundation this year. In addition to these Helping Hands family and employee scholarships, the board also awarded 26 Health Care interest scholarships and six commitment scholarships to students from the region who have committed to work in the community after graduation.
The HRMC Foundation is committed to a Healthy Huron and to ensuring high-quality health care is always available close to home. More information is available at www.hrmcfoundation.org.