IROQUOIS — The Iroquois HOSA Chapter competed at the HOSA State Leadership Conference in Sioux Falls on April 8 and 9.
This year there were over 500 HOSA members from across South Dakota that competed in various health-related events for the opportunity to compete in the Virtual International Leadership Conference that will be held at the end of June. Iroquois HOSA had students place in several of these events.
Individual awards include:
• Rosalie Wehlander, first place, HOSA Happenings
• Skylar Owens, first place, Life Support Skills
• Kaylee Morehead, Hannah Hofhenke, Lily Blue, and Lexi Burma, first place, Health Education
• Katie Dubro, Rebecca Bich, Anna Decker and Kaitlyn Maas, second place, Health Education
• Hayley Geyer, first place, Healthcare Issues Exam
The Iroquois HOSA Chapter received first place in Outstanding HOSA Chapter and were recognized for their contribution to the HOSA National Service Project, Be the Match.