Iroquois third grade cooks up recipes to make a turkey
Members of the Iroquois third-grade class, taught by Ms. Uttecht, wrote little stories about how to cook a turkey.
Following are their “recipes:”
• Jonny: Do you know how to make a turkey? Well, I will teach you how to. First, you buy the turkey. Then, you buy stuffing. Third, you stuff the stuffing in the turkey. Fourth, you put the turkey on the table. Now you have a turkey!
• Christian: You get a turkey. Then, you get a grill. Then, you put the turkey on the grill. Then, you put the seasoning on the turkey. Then, you take the turkey off the grill. Then, you put the turkey on the table. Then, you eat it!
• Layton: First, you get a turkey. Then, you cook the turkey for 15-20 minutes. Then, you cut the turkey. Then, you eat it. Then you do it over and over.
• Collyn: Put chicken nuggets inside the turkey and put fries in there. Put a burger in it also. Put it in the oven for 100 minutes. Get it out and tell everyone it is finally done!
• Damaris: Do you like to eat turkey? I can help you cook it! Go to the store and get a turkey. Take it out of the plastic. Put the turkey in water for 10 minutes. Take it out of the water. You can finally eat! Turkey is really good!!
• Kollen: You get turkey meat from the store. Next, you cook the turkey up in the oven. I don’t know how much heat you need to cook the turkey. Next, you can put salt or pepper on it. Or seasoning. Don’t burn yourself on the oven. When it is done you put it on a plate and you can have anything with it except sugar.
• Meredith: Hey, you! Do you know how to cook a turkey? I will teach you if not. If you know, WOW! First, you get a turkey. If you want, you can buy the turkey or you can get a real life turkey. Next, you take the meat out of the inside of the turkey and if you do not want the bones. Put a lot of butter on it! Then, cook the turkey for one-two hours. Next, put spices on like salt, pepper or broth if you want to. You put it on a plate (paper or glass). The cook mashed potatoes if you want!
• Jase: do you know how to cook a turkey. Well, if you don’t know, I will tell you how to cook a turkey. First step is to put your turkey in the sink and wash it so it is not dirty when you eat it. I said that because you know to cook it. The next step is to put your turkey in a pot and put some salt and some pepper on your turkey in the pot for like 30-40 minutes in the pot.
• Tayton: buy a turkey at Walmart. Set the table. Cook the turkey. Put the turkey on a silver platter. Put it on the table. Invite only your family members. Eat the turkey. Gift time. Game time. Then go to bed. That’s how to have fun and have turkey on Thanksgiving.
• Cason: the turkey is on the fields is the best turkey on the land. The turkey is not lucky at all! Go get a gun to shoot the turkey. Then, go get the turkey. Take the meat out of the turkey. Then, cut the turkey.
• Bekah: Do you know how to cook a turkey? Well, I’ll teach you how to cook a turkey. Step one, go get your turkey from a store. Then, bring your turkey home and wash it. Next, season your turkey so it will taste good. It will be so yummy if you do! Then, pre-heat the oven so the oven will be hot. Then, wait for the oven to be done pre-heating. Then, when the oven is done, put the turkey in the oven and wait for it to be done. Then, take it out and put it on the plate. Then, you can eat your turkey! Thanks for reading my story! Hope you liked my story! See you next time!!
• Lilly: Do you know how to cook a turkey? You can go get a turkey at the store. You can take it to your house. You can get supplies. You can get a pan to put the turkey on it. You can put the turkey in the oven and cook the turkey. You can put it in the oven maybe for 20 minutes. You can maybe get a side to eat with it!
• Luke: Do you know how to make a turkey? No? ok, I will teach you. First you need to get a turkey. Then, you put it in the oven. Turn the oven on. When it is done, let it stay in the oven for a little while. Then, take it out and put it on the table. Then, you can eat it!
• Bennett: Hi! I’m Bennett. I like hunting. Do you like hunting? Well, you can tell me later because I’m going to teach you how to make a turkey. First, I hunt for a big juicy turkey. Then, we drive back in a Razor. Then, we clean it. Then, you bring it in. Then, you put it on a tray with tin foil on it. Then, put it in for about 20 minutes. Then you put aluminum foil on it so it does not end up getting cold on the way to your uncle’s house.