HURON — Kuhler Funeral Home recently held a ribbon-cutting and open house April 22 to celebrate a new addition to its location at 1360 Dakota Ave. S.
Kuhler Funeral Home is owned and managed by George and Deborah Kuhler.
The new 40-by-70-foot addition includes one large chapel which can be divided, a new business office and foyer, repurposed former funeral home for fellowship hall and a mother’s room.
The Kuhler’s bought the funeral home in 1978. Kuhler Bereavement Services was added in 1985, which includes community education, continuing care services, and grief and loss counseling.
Kuhler Funeral Home has been certified as a “Pursuit of Excellence” funeral home by the National Funeral Directors Association. In 2006 they were honored for their longevity and consistency in participating in the Pursuit of Excellence program. The firm received a Hall of Excellence medal and has its name and location on the official Hall of Excellence plaque at the National Funeral Directors Association headquarters. In addition, Kuhler Funeral Home is the proud recipient of the Order of Golden Rule’s Gold Public Approval Award.
Kuhler Funeral Home is Huron’s only independent and entirely locally owned funeral home. The funeral home is a member of the National Funeral Directors Association, the South Dakota Funeral Directors Association, the International Order of the Golden Rule, and the Funeral Ethics Association.