“I love Huron. I’ve always said it, now it’s time to live it,” says David Harrington, Leadership Huron class member and Production Scheduler/Assistant Site Manager at TrueNorth Steel. This quote is the inspiration behind an exciting new event that Leadership Huron will be putting on this year as they finish up their class.
“We’ve learned so much and we would like to share our knowledge and experience with the community,” said class President and Account Executive for Hub International, Justin Lindquist. “Each person portrays different strengths, leadership styles, and ideas that could encourage others to step up and make a difference by loving Huron as much as we do. We are excited about this unique opportunity to offer our perspectives.”
The overall project of the 2017 class has been promoting acts of kindness. As their final task Leadership Huron invites the public to attend a special presentation called “Love Huron” on May 18 at 2 p.m. at the Huron Campus Center. A few of the 10-minute presentation topics include:
• Keeping it Home Grown by Amy Williams, Pro Cellular, and Courtney Guericke, Dakota Provisions
• Roots & Wings by David Harrington, True North Steel and Kristin Cronin
• Building Relationships by Amy Fullerton, Huron Housing & Redevelopment Authority, and Ashley Frankfurth, Community Counseling Services
• Perception is Reality by John Pfizer, Avail Wealth Management
• Great Leaders by Joel Wold, Huron Welding
Additional presenters will include Matthew McGirr who is with Huron Community Foundation; Jake Lindgren, Edward Jones; Justin Lindquist, Hub International; Laura Schultz, Carr Chiropractic Clinic; Levi Kary, American Bank & Trust; Matthew McGirr, Huron Community Foundation; Tara Houck, US Fish & Wildlife Service; and Whitney Ward, American Bank & Trust.