HURON – Officials from Asphalt Paving & Materials Co. of Huron have announced more details on the milling and asphalt overlay project set to begin Tuesday morning on Third Street Southwest.
The work will occur beginning at 7 a.m., and involve Third Street between Ohio and Pennington avenues.
Lane closures will be done on Third Street from Ohio to Lincoln Avenues, starting Monday.
Chief Executive Officer Bill Bartholow and President Michael Bartholow said ‘no parking’ signs will be placed the day prior to work, starting on each area.
Any cars on the street at the start of operations will be towed at the owner’s expense, they said. The sections of street will be blocked off during the actual milling and paving.
Also, those whose sump pumps drain into Third Street are asked to reroute them to the back yard until the street is paved. Residents are asked not to use their sprinkler systems as it will help expedite the paving process. The street must be dry before paving can begin.
“We ask your help and patience while this work is being done,” the Bartholows said.
Here is the milling schedule:
• Area 1 – Ohio to Nevada on Tuesday.
• Area 2 – Nevada to Lincoln on Wednesday.
• Area 3 – Lincoln to Pennington on Wednesday. May be totally blocked off during construction.
Here is the asphalt surfacing schedule:
• Area 1 – Ohio to Nevada, north half on Thursday, south half on Friday.
• Area 2 – Nevada to Lincoln, north half on Saturday, south half on Monday, Aug. 13
• Area 3 – Pave entire street on Tuesday, Aug. 14. May be totally blocked off during construction.