YANKTON — Senior Matthew Mors of Yankton headlined the Class AA all-state boys’ basketball first team and was selected as the Class AA Player of the Year by the South Dakota Basketball Coaches Association.
It was the fourth straight year that Mors, who will take his talents to play for the Wisconsin Badgers, has been named to the Class AA first team. He also was named to the second team in 2017.
Mors, a 6-foot-7 forward, had averages of 24.5 points, 7.3 rebounds and 3 assists per game this season for the Bucks. He finished his high school career with 2,707 points.
Joining Mors on the first team were junior Caden Hinker of Mitchell, senior Micah Swallow of Rapid City Central, senor Jackson Hilton of Brandon Valley, senior Tyler Feldkamp of Sioux Falls Roosevelt and senior Eli Williams of Sioux Falls Washington.
Feldkamp was also a first team selection last season, while Hilton, Hinker and Swallow were on the second team a year ago.
Hinker, a 6-6 forward, had averages of 17.3 points, 10.2 rebounds and 5.2 assists for the Kernels.
Swallow, a 6-3 guard, averaged 22.9 points, 10.7 rebounds and 2.55 assists during his senior season for the Cobblers.
Hilton, a 6-4 guard, averaged 12.2 points and 2.7 rebounds for the Lynx.
Feldkamp, a 6-0 guard, hit for an average of 14 points, while snagging 4.6 rebounds and having 2.3 assists.
Williams, a 6-1 guard, averaged 13 points, 4.5 rebound and 2.5 assists.
The second team this season consisted of junior Mikele Kambalo of Sioux Falls Washington, sophomore Lincoln Kienholz of Pierre, senior Tucker Large of Sioux Falls Roosevelt, senior Conner Geddes of Harrisburg, senior Eddie Meylor of O’Gorman and senior Zane Alm of Mitchell.
South Dakota Basketball Coaches Association 2020-21 All-State Boys Basketball Teams
• Matthew Mors, Yankton, 6-7, sr., forward (24.5 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 3 apg, 2,707 career points)
• Caden Hinker, Mitchell, 6-6, jr., forward (17.3 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 5.2 apg)
• Micah Swallow, Rapid City Central, 6-3, sr., guard (22.9 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 2.55 apg)
• Jackson Hilton, Brandon Valley, 6-4, sr., guard (12.2 ppg, 2.7 rpg)
• Tyler Feldkamp, Sioux Falls Roosevelt, 6-0, sr., guard (14 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.3 apg)
• Eli Williams, Sioux Falls Washington, 6-1, sr., guard (13 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.5 apg)
• Mikele Kambalo, Sioux Falls Washington, 5-8, jr., guard (12.4 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 4 apg)
• Lincoln Kienholz, Pierre, 6-2, so., guard (18.5 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 2.7 apg)
• Tucker Large, Sioux Falls Roosevelt, 5-11, sr., guard (11.4 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 6.7 apg, 80 steals)
• Conner Geddes, Harrisburg, 6-3, sr., guard (14.3 ppg, 38 rpg, 2.6 apg)
• Eddie Meylor, O’Gorman, 6-6, sr., forward-center (12.4 ppg, 7.7 rpg)
• Zane Alm, Mitchell, 6-10, sr., center (14.4 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 2.3 apg, 59 blocks)