Random Acts of Kindness BINGO
One small act of kindness can make a big difference in someone’s day.
The Huron Public Library will be offering Random Acts of Kindness BINGO. All ages can pick up a Kindness BINGO sheet between Feb. 6-17 at the library.
Complete enough activities to make a BINGO — across, down, or diagonally and return your sheet to the library by Feb. 17. One lucky winner will be randomly selected from all completed BINGO sheets to win a $25 gift certificate for Fire Pit Pizzeria.
(Birth – 3rd Grade):
• Kids’ Korner will be hosting an Early Release program on Wednesday, Feb. 1. Come for a movie, craft, snacks, and more! Have a child age 2 or younger? Stop by the library on Monday mornings at 10 a.m. for music, bubbles, storytime, and an activity!
• Pokémon fans meet on Feb. 7 to battle each other in the Pokémon card game.
• Feb. 10 and 24 the library will be hosting Dinosaur Club for all dino-loving kids.
• Is building more your style? Visit the Kids’ Korner on Feb. 21 to complete building challenges in LEGO Club!
Tweens / Teens
(4th – 12th Grade):
February is a busy month for the youth of our library!
• Feb. 1 at 2 p.m. learn to sew by creating itty bitty felt animals. This is part of our Adulting 101 classes to teach life skills!
• Feb. 4 at 3 p.m. make bath bombs with stunning colors and intoxicating scents.
• Feb. 9 from 4 to 4:30 p.m. Glenda & Mary are celebrating National Chocolate Day by having YOU create a hot chocolate mix. The Swedish Chef from the Muppets will be joining the group!
• Feb. 15 from 4 to 5 p.m. is time for STEM activities. Come and participate in a science experiment by making your own red cabbage pH indicator.
• Feb. 18 from 4 to 9 p.m. is a movie marathon for teens (grades 6 - 12).
“Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl” and “Pirates of The Caribbean, Dead Man’s Chest” will be shown. Youth must be in the library by 5 p.m., after this time the library doors will be locked.
The library will supply hotdogs, but teens can bring their own drinks and a snack to share! Both movies are rated PG-13.
• Feb. 22 from 4 to 5 p.m. is craft time! Create a snowman using a salt shaker!
• Feb. 24 is Nerf Wars from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. (a permission slip is required), and from 7 to 8 p.m. Celebrate National Tortilla Chips Day by feasting on chips and playing games! Registration is required for each event.
• Feb. 1 at 9 a.m. registration for adult crafts to be held on March 13 will open. Participants will be painting!
• Feb. 6 at 1 and 6 p.m. Monday Movies will be showing “You Were Never Lovelier” (1942). Runtime is 1 hour 37 minutes and snacks will be provided.
• Feb. 13 at 1 and 6 p.m. adult crafts will be painting confetti champagne plastic glasses. Registration is required.
• Feb. 16 at noon the library will be hosting Virtual Caregiver Learning Workshops: Estate and Elder Law Planning.
The workshops are sponsored by the NDSU Extension and SDSU Extension offices. This presentation will cover estate planning and elder law tools that can help you get your ducks in a row. They will focus on tools that enable caregivers to handle issues that arise, from paying bills to making medical decisions. They will discuss ways to create a plan that ensures an individual’s wishes are carried out, both during any incapacity and on death.
They will also cover the consequences of failing to put together a plan ahead of time and the options that remain when emergencies arise.
Adult book clubs
• Mystery Book Club – Feb. 9 at 5:30 p.m. reading “The Thursday Murder Club” by Richard Osman.
• Huron Area Senior Center Book Club — Feb. 17 at 10:15 a.m. at the senior center reading “The Paper Palace” by Cowley Heller.
• Pop-up Book Club — Feb. 23 at 6:30 p.m. read and discuss “A Man Called Ove” by Fredrik Backman. The newly released movie, “A Man Called Otto,” is the adaption of this book.
The library will be closed on Feb. 20 for President’s Day. For more information about any library programs, pick up a monthly calendar at the library, watch Facebook for event notices, or give us a call at 605-353-8530. We hope to see you at the library!