HURON — Several Huron streets will be milled and repaved, as the city’s spring phase is underway.
Asphalt Paving and Materials Co., of Huron, began milling Thursday, the part of the project which is expected to take three to four days, and paving will commence immediately afterward, in reverse order of the milling. Paving is predicted to take approximately 5-6 days, as long as the weather cooperates.
Property owners on the affected streets are reminded to re-route any sump pump feeds into the backyard until the street is paved and to shut off automatic sprinklers as well.
No parking signs will be employed in the area the day prior to the start of milling. Any cars on the street when operations begin will be towed at the owners’ expense.
Here is the approximate order of the milling, which began Thursday, with paving following in reverse order.
- 9th Street NE (from Dakota Ave. to Kansas Ave.)
- 8th Street NE (From Dakota Ave to Kansas Ave.)
- Kansas Ave, NE (From 7th Street to 4th Street)
- Idaho Ave., NE (From 5th Street to 6th Street)
- Commercial St. W (From Dakota Ave W to Illinois NW)
- Waibel Drive (From Jersey Ave. to the spillway culvert)
- 3rd Street SE (From Simmons Ave. to the concrete)
- North Parking Lot of City Hall (2nd and Wisconsin)
- City Parking Lot near the Presbyterian Church (5th and Kansas Ave.)
- 6th Street SW (From Wyoming Ave., to Montana Ave.)
- Frank Ave. SE (From 15th Street to 18th Street)
- Lincoln Ave. SW (From 9th Street to 18th Street)