HURON — A Huron contractor will start this year’s milling and paving work at 7 a.m. Monday.
The city has identified more than a dozen areas of town to be included in the project.
Asphalt Paving & Materials Co. will place no parking signs the day before it begins operations on each street. Any vehicles on the street at the start of the work will be towed at the owner’s expense.
The streets will be blocked off during the actual milling and paving.
Milling will be done from May 1 through May 5. Paving will be done May 8 through May 19, weather permitting.
Those with a sump pump that drains into a street being paved are asked to reroute it immediately to the back yard, and leave it there until the street is finished.
Sprinkler systems should not be in use during this time frame, as it will help expedite the paving process. The streets must be dry before they can be paved.
Here are the areas of town to be milled and paved in the $851,396 project:
• Kansas Avenue Southeast, between 13th and 18th streets.
• Utah Avenue Southeast, between Ninth and 12th streets.
• Beach Avenue Southeast, between Ninth and 12th streets.
• Eighteenth Street, between Ohio Avenue Southwest and Riverview Drive.
• Indiana Avenue Southeast, from 18th Street south about 700 feet.
• Fourteenth Street Southeast, between Dakota and Iowa avenues.
• Seventh Street Southwest, between Wyoming and Illinois avenues.
• Twenty-fourth Street Southwest, between Illinois Avenue and Highway 37.
• Wisconsin Avenue Southwest, between 22nd and 27th streets.
• Tenth Street Southeast, between Dakota and Lawnridge avenues.
• Eleventh Street Southeast, between Dakota and Lawnridge avenues.
• Fourth Street Southeast, between Kansas and Idaho avenues.
• Sixth Street Southeast, between Oregon and Idaho avenues.
• Oregon Avenue Southeast, paving only between Fifth and Seventh streets.