HURON – Asphalt Paving & Materials Co. will begin milling streets in seven areas of Huron beginning at 7 a.m. Thursday, May 2. It is scheduled to be finished May 4.
Paving will be done from May 10 to May 15.
Milling and paving locations will include:
• Seventh Street, from Illinois Avenue Southwest to Idaho Avenue Southeast.
• Iowa Avenue, from Sixth Street to 13th Street Southeast.
• Seventh Street, from Idaho Avenue to Simmons Avenue Southeast.
• Iowa Avenue, from 13th Street to 15th Street Southeast.
• Prospect Park Drive, from 15th Street to 18th Street Southeast.
• Prospect Drive, from Dakota Avenue to Prospect Southeast.
• Eighteenth Street, from McClellan Drive to Ohio Avenue Southwest.
No parking signs will be placed the day prior to the start of operations on each street.
Any vehicles on the street at the start of operations will be towed at the owner’s expense.
The streets will be totally blocked off during the actual milling and paving operations.
Those whose sump pumps drain into the street being paved are asked to reroute it immediately to the back yard until the street is paved.
Also, don’t use sprinkler systems during this time period. It will help expedite the paving process.
The streets must be dry before paving can begin.