HURON – Beadle County commissioners worked through a busy agenda Tuesday morning at the courthouse, including setting up the annual meeting with township boards. The meeting will be held Tuesday, Feb. 9 at 7 p.m. at the combined First Dakota and Bank West rooms at the Nordby Exhibit Hall.
The commission opened culvert and bridge material quotes and had one quote from TrueNorth Steel. The bid was accepted.
Commissioners approved the hire of Tanya DeVries as the new county weed supervisor at the meeting. Her start date is currently to be determined.
The Banner Farms conditional use permit hearing date that was postponed from last fall is rescheduled to 10:30 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 25, in the courtroom.
• Approved 2021 street maintenance agreement with Town of Virgil.
• Approved notice of intent to continue operation at Gary Garbe pit.
• Approved 2021 storm spotters.
• Approved 2021 dive team members.
• Approved jail agreements.
• Approved SDSU extension memorandum of understanding.
• Approved Resolution 01-01-21 Griffith Outlot Plat, previously approved by variance.
The Feb. 9 regular meeting will be the supplemental budget hearing for FEMA food & shelter additions to the 2021 budget.